Does anyone else....Grizzly's website
Does anyone else look thru Grizzly's website or the catalog & drool like Homer does with donuts?
I could drop $50K there & not break a sweat.

Then I'd have to worry about someplace to store it all.
I confess to that addiction, not only on their site, but a hard copy of their catalog with pages dog-eared, red marks and the like.

If only I could win the lottery, but I guess I need to buy a ticket first.

Gets worse this time of year too. Maybe we should start an on-line support group[?
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Yep. And Lee Valley too. Lottery win--once the new shop is built with heated, wood covered floor--there would be the rental of a straight truck with a trip to a Lee Valley store to purchase one of everything, 1 or 2 more of a lot of things, and several more of some things.

Your mileage may vary!!

earl
If you think Grizzly is drool worthy, and some of their machines are, don't ever look at Felder, Hammer, Mini Max, Northfield, Aggazzani (sp), and probably a couple of others. Those are seriously nice machines, with take your breath away prices. I got sucked into the Mini Max vortex a couple of weeks ago, although it was a used machine so the price to pleasure ratio was still good.

John
I still peruse the catalogs. About ten months ago I had circled the sku # of a milling machine I wanted but would not spring for. A good friend of mine happened to see the page and wrote the info down.He told me he was interested in the machine.I wondered why because he only works in wood,the milling machine is for metal which I also work.
The following week my wife told me to prepare for the milling machine,I thought she was kidding or nuts.
Make a long story short,about 7 or 8 years ago I helped my friend out.Laid off ,no carpenter jobs in site,mortgage etc. He tried to pay me a few dollars every two weeks from unemployment checks.I refused to take any money until he went back to work full time and caught up on his bills.Tom never forgot,I was eventually repaid and forgot about it. Tom came into some money from an inheritance.
I couldn't speak at first,then decided I better hide the Grizzly catalog, especially when Tom stops over.I guess I don't have to tell you who paid for my mill.
mike
Great story, great guy who doesn't forget the generosity of a true friend, which you are, who helped out your buddy in time of need. Warms my heart, more in the sense of how you helped him out without any expectations. You've got a good buddy there, and he in you. This is how life should be.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

This is how life should be.

Amen!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Herb G said:

Does anyone else look thru Grizzly's website or the catalog & drool like Homer does with donuts?
I could drop $50K there & not break a sweat.

Then I'd have to worry about someplace to store it all.

Easily. Between wood and metal they cover the aisan tool bases for SURE!!

Mike, Awesome story. Good on you and him!! Now what mill did you get??!!

Herb, You want crazy?? I am looking at Haas machines!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

First, Mike, great story!

Second,I lust over many catalogs, including Grizzly, various cigar catalogs, beer brewing catalogs, gun catalogs and so forth. I find holding a paper catalog in my hands one step closer to the object than looking on the web.

We're all no different than when we were ten, waiting for the Sears Christmas catalog, ain't we?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Meh...

No, I much prefer vintage equipment.

Saying that, I buy a lot of accessories and stuff from Grizzly.
chris