getting a 20" planer off it's pallet
If the pallet is pretty much where you want it, and you can lift one corner slightly, you can walk it around corner by corner, a little at a time. Watch your toes when the last corner comes off the pallet.
It will come with casters built in. I have Lift gate service into the garage so the only issue will be getting it off the shipping pallet onto garage floor.
Howard
The Dallas woodworker

"I didn't attend the funeral but I did send a letter approving of it"
Mark Twain
900 lbs. Better go tot the gym and start working out. The engine lift. You can rent one for a couple of hours pretty cheap. Oh go buy one from HF - who knows you may have to put an engine.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Nobody mentioned it, so possibly others aren't aware. What I have found buying some griz these last few years are on all of the tools I have looked at anyhow, they have down near the pictures a box with a video. Sometimes it is a comparison video between several like sized tools, but always they go over the dimensions of the shipping box, and the weight. OP didn't say which griz 20" planer so I picked the lowest priced one with a shellix head, and there was a set up video, but no box dimensions.

The video for the Grizzly G1033X - 20" 5 HP Spiral Cutterhead Planer
had 2 videos, and on the "comparison" vid they showed the 4 handy pull out lifting rods, where a forklift, or lifting straps for use with a hoist could gain purchase. Having a big scar on my back from silly lifting as a younger man. I like mechanical advantages now to brute force, but hey, it's your back

Dimensions for the smaller 20" planers are 30" wide x 42" deep x 48" tall with a weight of 909#.

I'd call my buddy Phil, and his Bobcat-a-forklift
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
walk it off if you are afraid of tipping use something to make it a step down process or a ramp supported with blocking. I don't know what shipping weight means but I doubt that machine weighs 900 lbs
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob, based on the couple of larger Griz tools I have, they don't have much weight in their shipping boxes. They call them heavy duty, I'm saying rather light weight considering the weight inside. I would bet the box isn't more than 45 to 50 pounds, skid bottom, and all.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
^^^this That 900# includes the pallet, packaging material, and unassembled parts (CI infeed/outfeed tables, handwheels, ect.). Should trim at least 200# off of that number. Walking off should be doable with the help of a buddy. Lower the table all the way to lower the center of gravity.
Bob
I have a Yorkcraft 20" planer that might have come out of the same factory. I walked it off the pallet by myself and I was an old man even a few years ago when I bought the planer. The lifting rods are very helpful because they pull out far enough to give quite a bit of leverage. Ken
Leverage is your friend. Archimedes was right.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I pulled the trigger this morning on that planer. The guy on the phone said it's a pretty short pallet and it can walked off the pallet enough so one side is on the the floor and then use the bars to keep it in the air long enough to slip the pallet out from underneath. I think my strapping 17 year old son and I can handle it...
Howard
The Dallas woodworker

"I didn't attend the funeral but I did send a letter approving of it"
Mark Twain