Kitchen island....finished! (pics fixed)
I finally finished the kitchen island I was asking for help with lately. It's 30"x60", with 4 slide out trays. They are rock solid, mounted on 100 lb full extension slides. And, as it turned out, I didn't have as much trouble as I expected getting the slides parallel. The doors are mounted on concealed 90* hinges and work smoothly. The homeowner is adding the door pulls and a black granite top.
I made it out of some very nice pine I got from a sawmill in Middle GA, along with heart pine boards that came from the homeowner's old kitchen floor. They were very happy with it, and I was proud of the way it turned out, flaws and all.

Nice! I like the contrast. What is the frame finish?
It's a contrast because I was utterly incapable of matching the heart pine, despite trying a number of different stain combinations. Eventually I gave up and decided to highlight the contrast. I finished it with a couple of wipe on coats of Minwax Ipswitch Pine stain, followed by two coats of amber shellac, then two coats of polyurethane. I was pretty happy with the combination by the time I was done.
Very, very good looking piece. Love the contrast in woods, just enough without over doing the look.

Great job!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Nice job.
Thank you all for looking and the positive feedback. I'm not in the league with the vast majority of you guys, so it's nice to hear when something turns out well!