Lion miter box
Not mine. Do these work well?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/5276398136.html
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
they work well taking off small slices of the end of miters about a 1/32.
That one in the photo looks pretty beat and missing the handle. I have the Asian knock off in perfect condition that I'll sell for $85 and I'm real close to you.
As mbw said, these machines are trimmers, designed to take small slices and allow you to sneak up on a perfect miter fit. They work well for this task. They are not "miter boxes." You can't make an initial 45 degree cut in a straight board with a miter trimmer - or at least I can't.

Hank
The trimmer looks like it is in good shape. The handles are often missing but you can make a nice one with something from your scrap pile. Just whittle the end to fit. Mine has a nice walnut handle made by me in just 10 minutes.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I would buy it. It should clean up easily. Offer $75 for the lot. The hand tools alone may be worth that much. Well, maybe not the Shelton.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
My Lion works great, but the blades are super-duper sharp! It is a finesse tool and even 1/32" may be too much.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Should that be, "Not yours yet?"