Panel glue up question
When I glue up wide panel I usually glue them up on sections, running them through my planer as wide as possible to lessen glue joints on the final panel. I like to leave them about a 1/16 inch think before final drum sanding.

I had two panels ready to go through the planer one last time, but I forgot myself and planed one a little thinner then I would have liked.

Should I just plane both panels to the same thickness, or leave one a little proud, and run it through the drum sander that way?

Thanks,
Don
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Always make panels the same thickness to run though drum sanders.

less likely to make a silly mistake.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thank you!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Would strive to create panels that need nothing but hand sanding after gluing.
Good material prep, a good press, T&G, splines etc for registration and respect &
understanding of the process = panels that can be hand sanded.
Sell the sander.
Prep.
Pat Warner
Routerman said:

Would strive to create panels that need nothing but hand sanding after gluing.
Good material prep, a good press, T&G, splines etc for registration and respect &
understanding of the process = panels that can be hand sanded.
Sell the sander.
Prep.

Not sure I could disagree with this more. The sander is an excellent tool for building panels the way he does it... and a 16/32 sander is capable of making a very wide, flat panel with only ONE final joint to worry about hand sanding. Can you do it without the drum sander? Of course, but I've done it both ways, and IMO you're just not going to get the same quality without the sander, and I don't care how careful you are.
it is just another self promotion link to get website numbers up for Pat

EOY mainly
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

And you, sir, have proved once again, that new good deed goes unpunished.
Pat Warner
well I do try to make the unassuming aware

Carry on Pat