Nice little saw find.
Nice little saw with two etches! Disston #12, 12 ppi, 22" panel saw. Judging from the medallion and using the wonderful and greatly appreciated www.disstonianinstitute.com I think it's circa 1888 -1896. Not too bad for a saw built at least 120 years ago. All I did was hit it up with some 600 grit sand paper and wipe the dust off the handle. It never ceases to amaze me how well made and how long these tools last!

Dang, that's a fine looking saw!!! Nice find.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Thanks Jonathan,

This is the first saw Iv'e come across that has two full etches on it. I have saws made by Disston for other concerns (Hammacher Schlemmer for instance) that have an etch other then Disston's but not both. The "made for" under the handle is new to me as well. I knew that Disston put info under their saw handles to mark what model they were for but I haven't seen this before.

Tom.
Sweet
Great saw; they clean up nice once you put the elbow grease into it. Now sharpen it up and use it!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Really cool saw. Great find!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Nice find!

Betcha didn't notice you also have the mirror image Glover patent of 27 1887 on the right side either!
Take care,
Daryl
The No. 12 is a phenomenal saw. They were the top of the line Disston saw. And to have it in a double etch AND panel is a super find!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Daryl,

Your absolutely right! To tell you the truth, I didn't even know the mirror image Glover patent of 27 1887 was a thing! Thanks for the heads up. Does that help hone in on the date this saw was made?

Tom.
That is the best "find" I've seen on here! Beautiful 'Dream Saw'. Hope it doesn't keep me awake! I've hunted high & low for a really good panel saw. May I ask WHERE you found it?
Thanks for sharing

Don