Adding a switch
After 10 months of being in the new house I'm finally getting around to setting up my shop properly. I'm probably over-thinking this, as I do with most things, but I will be adding more lights between now and Thanksgiving. Currently the lights (just 2) are on one switch. Can I add another switch and have one control half the lights, and the other switch control the other?

I've spent this afternoon running conduit and installing outlets so maybe I'm just tired...but yay finally have power!
-Marc

Yes you can
Two gang box or a single gang box with two Despard switches.
Yes but how many lights are you adding and what is the load on that circuit now??? You can add another single gang box next to the one there or change to a 2 gang box and change the cover plate. Need to find out if the feed comes into the switch. You need a hot and neutral.
John T.