Good for a beginner lathe?
(11-07-2015, 12:53 AM)robo hippy Wrote: For me, the biggest problem with this lathe is that it is a reeves drive. While I have never had one of them, I have turned a time or two on one, and while okay, I found a 4 speed pulley to work better. There are many stories about reeves drives needing to be worked on.... The tools are fairly good quality, probably better than the lathe.

robo hippy

My first lathe had a reeves drive and it was nothing but trouble. If it was me I would run as fast as I could away from it. Not a good lathe to start with.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Mel

You know this is over a year old.
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin
Even if it was new and had a Reeves drive I would not buy it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I am sensitive to the stuff so stopped using it as a finish. why not use one of the water-based ones rather than the cyanoacrylic.
All type of Forklifts and Scissor Lift