Estate Sale Finds - Nov 6, 2015
I missed out on a very nice vintage saw box today because I was 15 minutes late - bummer!

I was able to pick up a few nice items.

24" E. C. Atkins 10 pt crosscut saw in nice condition

24" Docking Saw by Simonds

26" Rip Saw - Unknown maker but it has a nice handle

Molding plane

Richard
Can you explain what a docking saw is?
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

paarker said:

I'll defer to MarW. He's the Wooddnet expert on these saws IMHO. He'll be along later.

Richard
paarker said:

go HERE
Car shops!!??

Things have really changed since the early 1900s
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Judged by the handle shape, the saw at the top of the pic could be a Wheeler, Madden & Clemson.

Klaus
KlausK. said:

Judged by the handle shape, the saw at the top of the pic could be a Wheeler, Madden & Clemson.

Klaus

I agree with you Klaus - that's the reason that I purchased it - that and the fact that the bade is straight. The only drawback is the fact that no medallion is present.

Richard
Very nice Atkins panel saw, very nice.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis