Worksharp sanding disks
Thanks Steve. Thats' a resonable approach. I'll keep an eye out.
Klingspor is a good source. Generally less expensive than other brands and very good performers.

Klingspor 6" PSA Disks
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I couldn't find any grits higher than 1500 on Klingspor's site. Is that as high as they go or am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

That was as high as they went the last time I bought some from them. Klingspor was my go-to place for WS discs until Steve N brought up the micro mesh ones. they are so much better made they have become my standard.....much longer life than Klingspor.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'd be in for some bulk purchase disks...

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I buy them from McMaster-Carr. Not the cheapest but not too bad and I have found the quality to be more than worth it. It seems like they are backed with thin polyethylene. Very durable.

I use an appropriate sized leather punch to make the holes.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
I've had good luck with Klingspor. They are great to deal with.
AHill said:

Klingspor is a good source. Generally less expensive than other brands and very good performers.

Klingspor 6" PSA Disks

I bought the klingspor disks, work great, problem is I can't get them off.
mbw said:

[blockquote]AHill said:

Klingspor 6" PSA Disks

I bought the klingspor disks, work great, problem is I can't get them off.

[/blockquote]

Me tooo
have you tried a hairdryer/heatgun to soften the adhesive first?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark