Worksharp sanding disks
Good info. Question: how do you get the sticky stuff off the glass WS discs?
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
(11-07-2015, 07:00 AM)fredhargis Wrote:  BTW, I bought one of  these to make the hole in the discs and it really works well.

Fred,
Have you tried using that hole punch to make holes in regular sandpaper - say 180 grit?  Do you think it stand up to that grit?
Steve
(04-17-2019, 07:41 AM)arnman Wrote: Fred,
Have you tried using that hole punch to make holes in regular sandpaper - say 180 grit?  Do you think it stand up to that grit?

I've only used it on the finer grits...down to about 600. The Micro Mesh discs use a substantial fabric substrate, and I've been cutting them from the smooth side. So far it's done well and hasn't suffered any damage. I've probably cut a couple of dozen discs.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.