bonding wood with linear friction
An interesting idea. Seen it done with metal and plastic but never wood.

bonding wood
Interesting.
I've always been fascinated by this sort of "frontier" research. It's difficult to say where a technique of this type will be useful, but I'm not one to say, "Don't try. Don't find out." I don't see this sort of thing playing a role in the rather ordinary type of woodwork that most forum members engage in though. Constructing cabinets and furniture is unlikely to transition into this method anytime soon, even from some of the bigger manufacturers. I don't think I would be comfortable walking on a floor I knew was held up by beams of that type. It is good to keep in mind though that floors are now being held up by what amounts to OSB beams, and nobody would think twice about walking on one.
We shall see where this one goes.
Sheeesh, and what a deal too. One of those vibration machines probably doesn't cost more than 30 or 40 million bux. Compared to a gallon of TBII, sheeesh, cost savings alone most woodworkers are gonna go with this by years end I bet.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If you want to bond wood without clamps that is pretty easy to do to. Let John show you about hide glue, and a rub joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21sL6XLM02Y
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW