Just a picture of old iron
I have no information on it. Just a picture I found on LumberJocks,

Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
That's known as an Aircraft Carrier over at OWWM!
chris
Holy smokes...

Direct drive. No belt/pulleys.
We've got an old Crescent 12 X 84 at work. It looks like that, only green. Ours is a direct drive with babbitt bearings, oil cups, and four knife cutterhead. I don't know how it came to be green, or how this one came to be gray.
The guard on ours is a real cool, Wile E. Coyote, type too. There is a weight, like a sash weight, with a cable/pulley arrangement to operate it over and away from the knives.
Certainly autta handle 1 X 2s.
Mike

A good sized machine but nothing extreme. I like it though it seems a bit on the short side.

My European style combination is 610mm (24") wide and 7'6" long on the jointer tables. I would feel limited if I had anything smaller.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
Table length is more a convenience than anything. I can joint 16' material on a short bed if i need to. And i have.

No pic of the front side of it? I'd like to see the porkchop. Awesome big cover guard on the exposed backside though. I'd love to see more pics of this beast

Paul I don't think it's a crescent for 2 reasons.

First Crescent had that X leg design, second I've never seen a back blade guard like that in real life before, and I've seen Crescents from 8 to 24".

Good example of a 24" Crescent note the X leg
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You are probably right. The guard on the unused portion of the knives is also different.