Cool episode of "Rough Cut"
I'm a little behind on watching my woodworking shows, but I caught what I think is the first episode of Rough Cut this season (I record them and watch when I can). Anyway, if you've seen Tommy McDonald do turning, you know it's not something he's not comfortable with, and more of a beginner than anything. He also has what I believe to be a Robust AB lathe in his shop! So, this morning he did a show on turning, but went to the studio of an accomplished turner to do the show...David Marks. It was cool to see him again...he turned a really nice vessel, and then put silver gilding on it, only to use chemicals to achieve a nice patina effect. Anyway, it was a good show...and nice to see him again.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'll have to look for that episode.
It was a good episode. LOML even sat down and watched it because the finish was so cool.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
This year he also visited a marquetry expert. I'm kind of hoping that there will be more visits to the shops of master woodworkers. This week's episode with Glen Huey was also pretty good. Glen made the inlay process on the door of a walnut spice chest look pretty easy.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill