Add height to my Roubo workbench
dlgWoodWork said:

After having the bench for some time now I think I would prefer it taller.

The low bench is good for planing but that is only about 2% of what I use the bench for.

Everyone is different in how high they want their WWing bench. I couldn't fathom having a bench lower than a cab saw TS. It hurts my back to consider it, and I do a medium amount of hand tool work, though planning is limited to small projects only, I can easily do it at TS height. For bigger projects I have electrikal powered deeevices to take the work out of it for me So I would be in the camp of raising it up, and instead of just skid pads I think the suggestion of putting it onto 4x6's planed to a perfect height to match the TS for a very nice outfeed table
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Conveyor rollers or skate rollers with a wood spacer mounted to the bottom to bring up the height to what is needed.
A cleat on the bottom to catch the end of the bench.
Use one roller for boards and 2 rollers if your bench is wide enough for sheet stock.
Conveyor must be perpedicular to table fence.
If you were closer, I've got about a 5' long piece you could have.

Picture shows conveyors sitting on a rolling cart at the end of the outfeed table that are used for cutting long stock.

" />
My .02
Karl

I would set your bench to your belt line, presuming that's higher
than 31" off the floor.

The forces (and necessary reach) for hand tool work are different
than that required to move stock across a well scrubbed table saw.

I would use nothing more than a sheet of plywood shimmed to the correct outfeed height, clamped onto your bench.

If you're using the tablesaw more than the bench, a dedicated outfeed/assembly table should be on your build list.

The "Swiss Army" bench tends to be so loaded with necessary features that it becomes a Kludge, without excelling at any task.

Personally, I would remove power tools from my bench space.
AUswimKC said:

How about some 5x5 square 'cups'?

The leg would fit inside with 2-3" of overlap over the leg. Then you can screw sideways.

I hope that makes sense

I think this may be the way I go. I am not big on the idea of making something to put on and take off of the bench.

As for moving the bench away from the power tools, that is not really possible in a 12'x20' shop.

My only issue is the leg with the leg vise. The parallel guide for the chop goes thru the bottom of the leg.

I will post some pics of my solution soon. The Sawstop is coming today, so I get the fun of putting that together.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Guar-on-tee you'll regret making your workbench an outfeed table.

Make you an outfeed table instead.
Why? I have that set up now. But the bench/outfeed table I'm using now is just a bench with a plywood top and no vices. I want to move the Roubo to my main area where I work to be able to use the leg and wagon vise.

The outfeed duties are only because of the shop size and where I want my bench to sit.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
I make some of my legs for a few of my pieces with different woods. I will mate them with a mortise and tenon, then clamp and sand like normal. I've had no problems with this.