Ryobi haters don't bother but
for the rest of us there's a pretty decent sale going on. link I notice that the multitool is compatible with the Ridgid heads. That's a pretty good deal.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
I used the Ridgid 18v multitool quite a lot while redoing the roof on my barn.

this blade worked really well to cut shingles.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

thooks said:

Can someone tell me if the new green LiOn batteries fit/work in the older blue tools with the blue/yellow batteries?

My blue/yellow batteries are tired (and I haven't used them much, I just didn't have a chance to use the tools much since I bought them).

I don't care much about re-doing the batteries. It's $45/each...by the time I do that, I'm 80% into a refurb Bosch drill/impact kit.

They sure do.
Yup

I was in your position last year with several of the older black/yellow NiCd packs that came with the blue tools. I bought the new grey/green Li batteries that come with the green tools. They work fine BUT you will also need a new charger for the Li packs.

Last year Home Depot and Ryobi teamed-up with both overlapping sale prices and instant rebate coupons on a lot of the Ryobi stuff including batteries and chargers. If they do it again, you can set yourself up with some great new batteries and a charger at surprisingly good prices.
last year I picked up a 2-pack of the Ryobi Li-Ion batteries for $70 during their after Christmas clearance.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

They absolutely do. I have a drill and saw I bought over 16 years ago (I think, we moved here in 1999 and I'm pretty sure I had them then) and the new batteries work great. They go on sale at Christmas for a great price. The 6 bay smart charger works great also. The new ones have a 3 year warranty, too.
Ken
that's a lot of tools for that price. I had my dewalt batteries redone, but one of them is going bad again. And I managed to get the reciprocating saw rusted up. Probably not meant to use underwater. I might have to look at this set. Would be nice if it had another battery though
It has two batteries (I think). If you wait until Black Friday or Christmas you will probably be able to get two of the high capacity batteries for as little as $70.
Ken
you are right, includes 2 batteries. I just noticed it's just $40 off
About a year ago I bought the batteries and charger. Don't know if the batteries worked because the charger was junk. Took it back.