Shower Pan re-surface
Several years ago I had a company re-surface my shower pan. After watching the process, I concluded that the next time it needed to be done, I could handle it. Except I didn't pay attention to the name of the product they used. I just remember it was a two part product that was mixed at the time. Does anyone have experience doing this and can give me the name of a really good product? I believe my pan is plastic, but I don't know for sure how to verify that it's not fiberglass, so help is needed there, too.
From what I have found its just a urethane paint. Basically a derivative of automotive paint. The one guy I talked to that does cast iron tubs uses automotive paint on them. Good stuff but has cyanoacrelates. Better for the environment but much more dangerous to people than the old lacquer.
Thanks for the idea as having a pan redone is way faster than a complete tear out and possible new drain postion
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I thought they were epoxy paint. At least the good ones.

Still a two part product.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
The big box stores sell a 2 part epoxy made for bath tubs. I would just use that. SInce it has already been painted once all you would have to do is sand then spray. Might have something else ready to paint in case you have left over paint.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Isn't that brush-on? I'd think one would want a better finish without having to buy special spray equipment.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
There are lots of choices on-line: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...surfacing%20kit

In Europe and especially in Australia, porcelain coated cast iron shower pans are common. Much more difficult to find in the USA. Strange. It is a life time product.

Even my terrazzo shower pan now needs replacement (new in 1953). I would have specified cast iron if I were building new.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I sprayed on mine. I don't think the tub recoating product is brush on. I just use a regular sprayer. HF has a nice spray gun that's cheap. Of course you do need a compressor.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Helped a friend tear out a shower because the grout failed and the terrazzo pan gave out I a thinking they only last around 50 to 60 years. They don't make stuff to last nowadays .
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Also found that cast iron pans are available on the net at most large vendors

Phil Thien