Surprising find
I took the grandkids fishing 3 weeks ago. Getting out of the truck I noticed an interesting piece of wood and threw it in the back of the truck. Got around to messing with it last night. Trimmed off the punky wood and ended up with some very pretty spalted mulberry. Got out some pen kits and they are great. Some of my Christmas presents got done early rather than last minute. Hurt my arm patting myself on the back.
I find it fun when neat little surprises come at you. Wish I had more than the minimum for my computer so I could post a couple of pics. We don't use it much and it is slow.

Mulberry finishes really nice with just a little danish oil and a good buffing.
I had to take a small one out last spring and got some great looking tool handles out of it.

Never seen one spalted, though. Would love to see some pics if you get to it.
---------------------------
Czarcastic (Steven)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
So did you catch any fish, what kind, any size, and so on? (You can just leave us hanging like that! ) My lathe has been given a workout lately, but for scaling perch with the handheld power scaler in a jacobs chuck. Lotta perch.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
Gear Jammer,
Have you ever considered going to a Linux OS for your computer. It is not as geeky as it once was and will allow your older computer to run much better. I am by no means a computer nerd and I've been using a version of Linux for maybe 10 years. Send me a PM if you would like more info.
Good to hear of you turning and hope to hear and see more in the future.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.