Kudos ! ! ! ! ! ! ! to Titebond
Got an email from Titebond this morning, asking for questions or feedback on their products. I replied by telling them I use their glues 1,2,and 3 exclusively, but like so many others, I really hate the caps. Within in 1 hour AMAZINGLY I got this response .

Good morning! I hope you are having a great day… get outside and enjoy as I believe the storms are coming your way. The skies are dark over here in Columbus.

I wanted to let you know that I received your email regarding your disappointment in our wood glue applicator caps. First of all, I want to thank you for supporting Titebond Wood Glues, and apologize for your inconvenience. Yes, I am aware that our caps have the potential to clog and make it quite difficult to extrude product after initial use. We designed and implemented this cap nearly 11 years ago, to reduce the number of complaints we were receiving about the cap we utilized for over 30 years - the slotted top applicator with cap insert... people were always losing the tips. Ironically, we actually won two packaging awards for this design back in 1999. Since then, our two key competitors have copied our efforts – Elmers and Gorilla Glue, who actually utilizes our exact same cap. Unfortunately, that doesn't always equal success.

Back to your concern. Again, you are not alone... this has been a problem of many types of glues for years. I have researched numerous design options, worked with a few packaging firms and tested multiple caps. I am in the process of testing a promising design that should address many of the concerns you mentioned. I have production samples in my office and I would love to send you a few to test and review… would you be willing to give them a try and provide us some feedback? I will send along a free bottle of glue as well – which Titebond flavor is your preference?

I do appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns, and I want you to know that I have heard you loud and clear. If you could verify your address, I will send you some different caps that may work better for you.

Again, thanks for your time and take care.

Craig Stone

Director of Marketing

Franklin International good morning Good morning! I hope you are having a great day… get outside and enjoy as I believe the storms are coming your way. The skies are dark over here in Columbus.
I seen this in ShopNotes a few years ago.

It is quick to make, easy to transfer from a used bottle and it works.

I wish TiteBond the best in developing a better design but in the meantime this may reduce some frustratiion when opening and closing glue bottles.

Bill

It's nice to hear that Titebond actually does read and listen to customer feedback. As far as their caps are concerned, I personally like them. They do on occasion gum up but the little effort it takes to clean them isn't that much of a hassle. I've found that if I close the cap after applying the glue that the chances of clogging up is reduced.
For my purposes I'd like to see a screw on wide mouth lid with an integrated brush. I realize that won't work for everyone , but it would be a nice option as a separate package.
wjt said:

I seen this in ShopNotes a few years ago.

It is quick to make, easy to transfer from a used bottle and it works.

I wish TiteBond the best in developing a better design but in the meantime this may reduce some frustratiion when opening and closing glue bottles.

Bill

This is a great idea. I use a large flat washer to help open the TB bottles.
sweensdv said:

It's nice to hear that Titebond actually does read and listen to customer feedback. As far as their caps are concerned, I personally like them. They do on occasion gum up but the little effort it takes to clean them isn't that much of a hassle. I've found that if I close the cap after applying the glue that the chances of clogging up is reduced.

There is the rub, I never remember to close the cap
Regardless of the cap, what a great example of good customer service and always trying to improve. TB has really innovated a lot in order to make their product and packaging better over the years. Heck, I'd still be happy with TB original. But I gotta say that TB3 might be my new favorite.
That is very good CS. If you choose to do this, would you be able to post a pic of the new design?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

That is very good CS. If you choose to do this, would you be able to post a pic of the new design?

Code:

I will
Try rinsing out an old ketchup bottle with the flip top. I have been using them for years without losing caps.