Propeller Clock
A friend of mine called me one a couple months back and asked if his mom could contact me about making something for her. He couldn't tell me what it was as it was to be a Christmas gift. A couple days later I get a call from Evelyn, and she tells me about the project. She stopped by a little later that day with a page torn from a catalog and points to a clock made to look like a boat's propeller. It is to be a gift for her daughter who runs a charter fishing boat in Alaska. We talk about the details a bit, and then she leaves me with a head thinking about just how I'm going to go about the build...

I had a couple other projects I was working on at the time, but was finally able to start on this one a couple weeks ago. Fast forward to today...

The hub is just over 6" in diameter with the blades 9" long x ~7" at their widest.

She picked it up this afternoon and was quite pleased. Comments and critiques are always welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Definitely worthy of a gloat.
well done sir, excellent work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very cool

Very unique, Dave, and well done. When I read your post I envisioned a clock with hands that looked like propeller blades. But they would be to fat, and cover up the clock face. Does she run her charter out of Seward? Homer?
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Thanks, Guys!

I'm not certain where she charters out of. But I do know she knows her stuff. Her brother always comes back with a freezer full o'fish...

Thanks again!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Very Nice... something anyone with a boat would be proud to hang at home or in the office.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.