older grizzlys
May be looking at an older grizzly 15" planer tomorrow. Old enough that it is gray rather then green. Anyone have experience with the older gray grizzlys?
If this looks familiar Griz Go550/Go551 You could call Griz about parts info. Ultimately if it runs now, that is your only worry later.

Manual

If it is that model, this thread has info on maker that might further your search

Not that model, I got BUPKUS

Good luck on the search. PM me the price. I may have a counter offer for you, probably longer drive
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If it's a 550/551 I bought a dust chute a couple years ago from Griz inventory. Also, I love the motor on top, the bed is stationary so the in and outfeed stays at the same level, very easy to feed and gather material.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
From the picture it looks more like the modern ones with the motor below and the table moving.
I bought an older Griz planer on craigslist for $100. It was on a homemade stand and a rust bucket. I cleaned the rust off, there was no pitting. Bought a new switch and stand. Griz still had all the parts for it. I still have it, it works like a charm. You can even replace the head if you want with a segmented cutter.
Ok, the fellow said that he thought it was a Grizzly, however it was not. Here is the tag

Here it is.

Did a quick Goggle search and nothing. I am sure another brand manual will work, and suggestions on which one to look for?

This was not a gloat worthy price, but I am happy to have finally upgraded from a lunchbox planer. Should be able to upgrade to a spiral head in a few months. He did throw in a 6' section of roller table thingy for a long out feed table.

Right now, it is soaking in PB Buster and will get a good scrubbing this week. Knives are still sharp.

I am glad I kept the mobile base from a previous machine.
Not sure how much these weight, the machine ID tag has no weight stamped in it, but My son and I was able to muscle it into the back of my truck.
Very nice.
To my eye, the castings look the same as the current 15 planer.
Wonder if the current OEM infeed / outfeed tables would bolt right on.
Ag
It has the simple bar with one roller for each side. I removed them as one got bent while loading. I will need to straighten them out and reassemble once I get it cleaned up.