Mesquite and Walnut Dining Room Table
Well my dining room table and bench are almost finished. A few more coats of finish and a couple tweaks. (had to put it together for a party we thru for my Mom's 75th birthday Saturday - I had told my wife the table would be done in time for Thanksgiving but she wanted it setup at least for the party)

A couple mistakes were made but nothing I cant live with, but I am real pleased with the end product. More importantly my wife is. Pictures are horrible - tough to get good lighting in the dining room. I'll work on those. C&C and questions welcome.

Hope you all like

Robert

Nice table. A really beautiful slab and I like the under carriage as well. Ken
Thanks Ken

My second time to use iron in my wood working as well

Thats black iron pipe connecting the legs - I created a bench for a friend as a prototype for this Here

Made changes after that - like going from stained maple on her bench and to walnut on mine
Robert
All I can say is "WOW" beautiful job.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Ken Vick said:

Nice table. A really beautiful slab and I like the under carriage as well. Ken

Ken

Thanks for the compliment on the undercarriage. Most Mesquite tables I see have mesquite bases and to me they are too bulky busy
the walnut pairs nicely I think.
nice I like it
what did you use for the fill in the wood defects ?
oakey said:

nice I like it
what did you use for the fill in the wood defects ?

Epoxy - famowood to be specific. poured a quarter inch and then spray painted it black then filled it (one layer at a time) then sanded it smooth

It actually has depth to it - Ill try to photograph it - you can see the edge down deep (I had covered it with tape when I spray painted it) the center goes completely thru - now filled of course - it was interesting supporting it for the first fill or two but it worked out.
That's beautiful! I love mesquite. Very stable and hard as a rock. I love how you bookmatched the table top. Great work.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Awesome!

Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
That is a beautiful table!!!
Looking at it from the side it looks like a marble slab.

How did you attach the top?