Mesquite and Walnut Dining Room Table
johndi said:

That is a beautiful table!!!
Looking at it from the side it looks like a marble slab.

How did you attach the top?

At the top of the legs here is a cross piece between the legs - There are lag bolts that go thru it into the top
Well Played Sir
Well Played
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
DonJuvet said:

Well Played Sir
Well Played

From you Sir that is high praise. Thank you
That's just stunning. Just a couple of questions. How did you choose the angles for the legs. Looks like one set is more angled than the other and I really like that look.

Also, I know you said epoxy to fill the voids, but is that what you did for the big one in the center? Is there any support within the epoxy? If not, I'm even more impressed. Would have never thought that epoxy could cover that large a span without any support.

Great job.

Steve
Very nice work.
Beautiful!

Is that native mesquite (SW US or Mex), or S American? I recently finished a king-size bed in Argentinian mesquite and alder, and I found the wood very nice to work with.
Bob
Wow that's awesome. Pretty rare to find mesquite slabs like that.
BobW said:

Beautiful!

Is that native mesquite (SW US or Mex), or S American? I recently finished a king-size bed in Argentinian mesquite and alder, and I found the wood very nice to work with.

It's South Texas Mesquite
Steve Friedman said:

That's just stunning. Just a couple of questions. How did you choose the angles for the legs. Looks like one set is more angled than the other and I really like that look.

Also, I know you said epoxy to fill the voids, but is that what you did for the big one in the center? Is there any support within the epoxy? If not, I'm even more impressed. Would have never thought that epoxy could cover that large a span without any support.

Great job.

Steve

Hey Steve

Let me see what I can answer for you.

The legs are angled the same. Must be the camera angle. The legs on the bench are 22.5 degrees. The legs on the table are 12.25 degrees.

The big void in the center has no additional support. I put temp support under it when I started pouring it, but it has no support in it. Just lots of 1\8 to 1\4 layers

I can go into more detail if needed

Thanks for the compliments
Thanks Robert,

Filling that void must have taken some time and patience. That's incredible. I don't think I've seen anything that large filled with epoxy. Very cool.

Steve