New power run to shed keeps tripping breaker
I just ran power to my new shed this weekend, and just got it all hooked up to the power panel. Power panel is on exterior facing wall of attached garage-- penetrated the wall and went straight back about 60 ft to the shed. I pulled 10ga THHN in pvc conduit. Where cable enters shed, i put an emergency bldg shutoff switch. Then have several outlets, and finally a switch that goes to some overhead lights.
It's running off a GFCI 20a breaker. When i turn the breaker on, I get power in the shed, but as soon as i try to put a load on it, i trip the breaker.
I tried putting in an old non-gfci breaker and it works just fine-- doesn't trip. Any thoughts on why i'm tripping the gfci breaker?

Colin
Moisture!
Is it possible you forgot to isolate the neutral bar in the equipment on the shed-end of the circuit?

Mike
i figured it out! this was the first time working with a GFCI breaker for me-- i've just done gfci outlets previously. I knew the coiled up wire from the breaker connects to the neutral bar, but didn't realize the neutral from the run to the shed doesn't connect to the main panels neutral bar, but rather into the gfci breaker itself.
So both the hot and the neutral connect to the breaker. whoops!

Working now....