Biscuits
During a big panel glue up like a table top I like to use biscuits to help with alaingnment.
With that said I don't think the add much strength to the panel.
How far apart do you guys put your biscuits on a glue up like this .

GO VOLS
I did a 4' by 4' landing for a stair that was 1&1/4" thick using four pieces of red oak. I used #3 biscuits for alignment spaced 12" apart.
If your boards are in good shape, I do them 18"-24" apart personally.
If you're relying on them to pull the boards into alignment even a little, go 12-18".
"The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me." -Tony Konovaloff
"Have nothing in your house which you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris
I may be overdoing it, but I usually go 8 to 10 inches. You are right, that if it is edge grain to face grain, biscuits don't add any strength. They do add strength in going end grain to face grain, and in working with plywood, which is where I use them the most.
I'd go every 12"
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

10 to 12 inches feels right to me.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood