Musty Odor
We have 2 baths, one from time to time emits a musty odor around the toilet. It isn't overwhelming but just enough that I can smell when standing over the toilet. Although my daughter says she doesn't smell it.
Is there something that should cause me concern?
Jim
I've got the same issue in one of my bathrooms, faint, and it comes and goes. I suspect it is sewer gasses leaking from a compromised seal, and I've been putting off pulling the toilet and replacing the wax ring because its such a PITA due to the location of the toilet. It's a nuisance, until it gets really strong and continuous, then it might be a health issue, I really don't know what's in the gas, likely co2. I'm sure someone here knows.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I'd bet it's a leaky seal too. I quit using wax seals for toilets. I will only use the silicone ones. They are light years better than the wax ones. They are technically even reusable. They have to be compressed so they seal tightly to the toilet and flange and they even come with a spacer if your flange is at or below finished floor level..I will never use a wax ring again now.
I've tried every wax free toilet seal on the market. I only use Sani-Seal now. Perfect seal every time and about $12 at any hardware store.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I was in denial, I keep hoping it's a simpler fix than the ring. They're a real PITA as mentioned here.

Thanks, and especially about using silicone rings
Jim