Sheet of LED lights?
I currently have 8ft fourescent bulbs in my shop.
I would like to transition to LEDs as I like the light quality better.

Rather than the expense of buying something that gets retrofit into the fluorescent fixture, is there a reasonably priced flat sheet of LEDs either 2x2 or 2x4' preferably with a rigid backing so you could easily mount to a wood ceiling?

Duke
They sell led shoplights at Costco and Sams. You looked at those?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Amazon has several choices and some have been on deal of the day.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
8' LED tube replacements are now down to $27 a tube.

2x4 LED panel lights are still around $125
WoodNET... the new safespace
JDuke said:

I currently have 8ft fourescent bulbs in my shop.
I would like to transition to LEDs as I like the light quality better.

Rather than the expense of buying something that gets retrofit into the fluorescent fixture...

This is a very simple to do task. There are many videos on YouTube that walk you through fluorescent to LED conversion. You can save a considerable amount of money on material and labor by saving your old reflectors and mounting the new LED bulbs into your existing fixtures.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
$34 for a 4' LED shop light fixture (with bulbs) at the local Costco.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Before you switch to LEDs, consider what kind of light they are producing. I have daylight (6500° K temp) lights in my shop. LED shop lights are more in the range of 4000° K temp. That could make a difference when trying to match finishes or colors compared to what you see in natural lighting. If it's not a big deal, LEDs will last a LONG time and draw less power. I've had high quality flourescents in my shop (15 fixtures) and never had to replace a bulb in 8 years.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
the 4' T12s in my barn I'm wouldn't be surprised if they're original to the barn from the early 80s.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

One thing to look at when buying lights for the shop is the CRI¹. To color correct or match finishes it needs to be 90+. Untill recently to get that you needed to buy something like the Litepannels or Switronix TorchLED . The color temp is irrelevant, but you should not mix daylight (6500K) and tungsten (3200K) as that can be misleading.

¹ Color Rendering Index is how evenly all colors are produced across the visible light spectrum. Most common flos have a lot of green and very little blue, but some are very unbalanced with lots of green and blue but essentially no violet and little red.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Don't go with cheap LEDs from China. I though I was saving money, the opposite is true.
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)