Incredibly basic box hinge question
Have small Brusso box hinges. On the edge with the pin, one leaf has two outer tabs, and of course the other has one in the middle. Is there a conventional orientation? Which side goes on the box, and which on the lid?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I don't think there is an up or a down, but I think I'd put the two tab side on the box just cuz it seems right.

The Brusso web site doesn't specify, but if you really want a clear conscience, they say-

Should you require further assistance please contact customer service and we will do our best to help.

BRUSSO HARDWARE LLC 67 – 69 GREYLOCK AVENUE BELLEVILLE, NJ 07109 T 212-337-8510 F 212-337-9840 E INFO@BRUSSO.COM
Thanks. I'm sure it's just an aesthetic thing, but like having half-pins on the outside of your dovetails, maybe everyone does it a certain way. I agree, two on the box sorta seems right.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
LIL

Only you will notice. Once out of your hands the person receiving it will not be anywhere are critical as the maker.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I'm not sure it makes any difference as long as they are the same on both sides. That said, their product sheets show the two-tabbed side on the bottom.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill