Interesting old arn
I found this old piece of machinery at a barn sale this morning. It's a United Shoe Machinery Corp Monarch knife grinding machine. It will accept very large wheels, over 10" easily. The foot pedal is for shifting the drive belt for different speeds.

Interesting find...like the arbor bearing oiler (or grease) cups...

So did you get it home and unloaded OK?
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Grandpa Dave said:

Interesting find...like the arbor bearing oiler (or grease) cups...

So did you get it home and unloaded OK?

No problem.

I carried it about 100' to the car, too lazy to go jump in the car and drive over. Loaded it alone, had help lugging it into the basement.

The brass grease cups are a nice touch. This will look awesome all cleaned up.

I think it will become an excellent grinder for sharpening your tools.

Those cups are almost certainly oil cups. Being an American machine of this age I would expect it to have babbitt bearings. Babbit bearings MUST NOT be greased.
Usually the oild cups would have some felt in the bottom. Before starting the machine you add a little oil in each cup and it slowly seeps down into the bearing while you are using the machine.

I think the foot pedal is an on-off switch from the line shaft era. Moving the drive belt sideways between a fast and a loose pulley set close together side by side.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
TGW has it right.