A till for a few handplanes
Used to have a small shelf on the edge of a work table to set my planes on....worked. But, when the grinder was turned on, they would start to dance a bit.

Not wanting them to dance off and onto the concrete floor below, I cut some scraps up to make a till.

Two sides were cut, with one edge/side going from "zero" to 3-1/2" wide. Some 1/4" plywood, and some molding strips were added to the basic frame. I also leaned the till back a bit. then screwed it down to the shelf the planes USED to sit on. Holds almost all of the bench planes, and half of the block planes. At least the iron bodied planes. using a B&D Workmates' base to store the woodies.

I'd post a few photos, but forgot how to for this site.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I'd like to see it. Best way to post pics is get a photobucket of flickr account, and then grab the "bbcode" that they give you when you find the "share" button. You can just paste bbcode into your post
Also you will have to click on the blue "Image" just below and to the right of the Post box then put the photo shared address.
Cheers ...

Lyn Disbrow: Born in America ... a long long time ago

Sounds interesting, would love to see it.

Steve