Need opinions on a tool chest
I don't really know where to post this, so here goes.

Does anyone own This tool chest?
It looks pretty sturdy to me. 1/2 ton weight limit. I don't think all my tools together weigh that much. Although when I have to lug them around, they get heavier every time.
The nearest Craftsman tool chest of this size is $450.
I already have a Craftsman top tool chest, but I need the bottom.
I can't afford the Cadillac of tool boxes, so this is it for my budget. If anyone owns it, I'd appreciate the pros & cons of it.
I don't own it...but I'd wanna go check it out in person. You can tell pretty quickly by opening a drawer where in the quality spectrum they lie.

Harbor Freight tool chests seem to get pretty good reviews despite being Harbor Freight...so you might compare the two.
I forgot to mention, I went to Home Depot the other day but they didn't have one on display.
They also wouldn't open one so I could check it out either.
Not too helpful at that one store.
Have seen that one and its built as well as the others. I have no problem with the husky boxes at all just stay away from anyone's 100$ bf special. They are flimsy.
Sears boxes aren't any better and quite overprriced. The Harborfreight boxes are the best bang for the buck. They seem as good as the husky ones. Too bad the coupon isn't good on boxes anymore. I prefer black over red anyday, never liked red for a box color.
I have essentially the same thing with a 'Task Force' name. I think it was from Lowes. It does what it's supposed to do. I think if I was shopping today I'd wait until Friday when the sales start... because HD and Lowes and Menards and Harbor Freight Sears and everybody else that sells tool chests will probably have them on sale.
JosephP said:

I don't own it...but I'd wanna go check it out in person. You can tell pretty quickly by opening a drawer where in the quality spectrum they lie.

Harbor Freight tool chests seem to get pretty good reviews despite being Harbor Freight...so you might compare the two.

I have the red HF boxes. Great product. I have some junky task forces and a low to medium quality craftsman box.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I have the HF us general 26" 16 drawer chest. I love having more shallow drawers than just a few deep ones. I loved it so much I bought a second. There's a coupon every so often for $300 and after comparing to lowes HD and craftsman the HF won out.
I looked at the Husky when I was shopping for one. It wasn't as sturdy as I like- in fact the drawers flexed a lot.

I ended up with the HF roll around as it was a little stronger. It has served it's purpose very well and I must have at least 350-400 lbs in it. I added a parts foldup top on the left side to hold parts I am using or removing.

The HF black boxes aren't so good, their red boxes are nice.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I'm thinking about getting one of those. It's a little on the tinny side, but it has a lot of drawers/dollar, which is what they charge you for. I like the fact that the drawer closure is pretty solid. The last Husky I bought you couldn't keep the drawers closed at first, the slides have to get gunked up