LED light and garage door opener remote
Perhaps you could remedy your problem by extending the antenna on the opener. Splice a wire onto the antenna wire and run it away from the light. If that doesn't work try shielding the antenna with conduit for a few feet near the light.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
daddo said:

I bought a bunch of 100 watt Incandescent bulbs before they quit making them. I don't need 100 watts for any particular fixtures, but my idea was to put them on a dimmer so they would last a long time, and they do.

On reduced power, their temperature is even lower, which means less percentage of energy goes to the visible spectrum, and more percentage goes to heat. You're taking inefficient bulbs and making them even less efficient.
I remedied the problem by getting a liftmaster 3800. Light is about 10 feet away from the radio. I hope I never have to go back to the other kind of opener. I actually need to work on the reception, but I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the lights because it wasn't good with incandescents either
I just replaced the bare bulbs in my garage with these LEDs:

They have not affected my remote in anyway whatsoever.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
So I have an update to this situation. The bulbs I was using are these. They put off a lot of interference that affects the garage door remote. The other day I had to make a trip to Woodcraft. There just happens to be a Batteries + Bulbs store right next to Woodcraft so I thought I would stop in and see what they had. If you go into one of these stores be sure you know what you want. The sales person was clueless about single vs double sided power and why it mattered. So for $11/bulb I got 2 of these. They are bright enough for the garage and do not significantly interfere with the garage door remote.
(11-25-2015, 02:40 PM)bennybmn Wrote: So what's a guy to do about his openers down the road? I bet the openers in my garage are pushing 20 years old... I've only owned the house for 1 year. Incandescents are getting hard to find....

Find "quiet" LEDS. LEDS that don't have much RF noise. The CREE LED incandescent replacements are know to be fairly quiet.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Lots of ideas here....

adding extra light to garage door opener
I have used the Flat looking Phillips 65 watt equivlant. Gennie now is making one, was in the latest Family Handyman as a new product. Dan
(11-25-2015, 03:03 PM)addo Wrote: ... my idea was to put them on a dimmer so they would last a long time, and they do...
I have a 15 watt bulb (red) that I use in a night light with a touch dimmer lamp.  On the lowest setting it is probably drawing 5 watts.  I leave it on all the time and it has been burning for 20 years.  So reduced wattage (dimmer) does extend the life of a incandescent bulb.  

I contacted the dimmer manufacturer and they advised me that on incandescent bulbs their dimmer will lower the wattage to 3% of the rated wattage.  With LED bulbs to about 20%.  But no one can tell me if the lower wattage will lengthen or shorten the life of a LED bulb.

I also bought a 12 pack of 60 watt bulbs for the same reason.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-25-2015, 02:40 PM)bennybmn Wrote: So what's a guy to do about his openers down the road? I bet the openers in my garage are pushing 20 years old... I've only owned the house for 1 year. Incandescents are getting hard to find....

I got one of those "screw in" plug adapters for mine when I got tired of burning out bulbs.

Screwed in the adapter, plugged in a fluorescent "shop light" and haven't had any problems since.
Big Grin

More light, doesn't burn out - win, win!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)