PSA: Portamate Lumber Storage Rack $40 @ Lowes
Just thought I would give a heads up on a deal over at Lowes for a wall storage rack for wood:

Portamate PBR-001 Wood Storage Rack

I've been watching the price the past few weeks and the cheapest I had found was $55 at Amazon and Home Depot (well also $50 at Amazon from a 3rd party seller but that didn't last long). Actually went to buy it from Home Depot last night since they are offering a $5 off $50 coupon and noticed Lowes had dropped the price down to $40.
That one comes up on the site Woot.com every so often for $40. I got one but have not removed it from the box yet.
I purchased 3 of these during a sale awhile back and finally put a couple up a few months ago. They are very sturdy and I would recommend them. Just make sure you're paying attention to how the pieces go together as it is a pain if you put one on the wrong way and have to pull it all apart to fix one of the lower supports DAMHIKT.

Bob
stav said:

That one comes up on the site Woot.com every so often for $40. I got one but have not removed it from the box yet.

Yup i see them on wood pretty often. I ended up getting my wood racks at ikea... They call it the algot system. Very cheap compared to the stuff at depot and lowes and quite strong. I tested the stuff I put in the pantry first by hanging off of it and it didn't phase it. It's adjustable cheap and strong.
When I punch it in it shows " new low price " which implies its a new "normal" price and not a special or sale. I like it when the local store ( mass chain store or otherwise ) actually offers the best price.

Thanks for pointing it out I've almost ordered one of these several times when Rockler puts them on sale.
thewizzard said:

When I punch it in it shows " new low price " which implies its a new "normal" price and not a special or sale. I like it when the local store ( mass chain store or otherwise ) actually offers the best price.

Thanks for pointing it out I've almost ordered one of these several times when Rockler puts them on sale.

Don't bet on it. I see items at lowes drop in price with that new low price sticker and then a month later it's back to normal price.
I was going to pick up a bagger for my mower. The tag said new low price of $269 was $299. I waited two weeks and it was back to $299 again.

The only stickers I believe there are the ones that say clearance however I have seen many tools go on clearance and the price went up when first on clearance not down.
picked up a 12v bosch PS60-102 recip saw at lowes over the weekend clearanced out from $99 to $15 because it didn't have a battery.

I have a bunch of 12v bosch batteries so I didn't care.

Dunno what I need it for, but for $15 I couldn't pass it up.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

bobs64ford352 said:

I purchased 3 of these during a sale awhile back and finally put a couple up a few months ago. They are very sturdy and I would recommend them. Just make sure you're paying attention to how the pieces go together as it is a pain if you put one on the wrong way and have to pull it all apart to fix one of the lower supports DAMHIKT.

Bob

+1 What Bob said.

Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Do these require mounting to a wall?

I would think they do but I'm curious.
JDuke said:

Do these require mounting to a wall?

I would think they do but I'm curious.

considering the price I would say yes.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy