Where Can I buy Spindle Adapter
Hello, All

Do you know where I can buy a spindle adapter from male 3/4"-16 LH thread to male 1 x8 RH thread. Seems like lots of turners might like to mount something outboard on a headstock spindle. But so far no luck searching the internet.

I had the same need a few years ago with similar lack of results so I tapped a LH thread into a RH thread 3/4-16 spindle adapter. So, it was double threaded. It worked fine.

That adapter is long gone so I tried to repeat my performance. This effort was not successful. (Actually the threaded hole is great, it just isn't concentric with the 1 x 8 side. ) This time my $17 PSI adapter went into the trash. I can keep trying at $17 a pop until I get it right or maybe I could find out where to buy one.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving if we don't communicate again before then

Doug
Hey Doug,
Try http://bestwoodtools.com they make adapters and can do custom work. Give them a call to specify your needs.

Another Doug
Doug,

Thanks. I sent them an email

Doug
You might try looking for a "thread reducer" at an industrial supply house, but you have an odd thread size.

Maybe you can get two appropriately sized nuts and weld them together. Concentricity might be pretty good if they can be clamped in the headstock and tailstock during tack welding.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Doug

Here you go

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LA3418.html

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks to all.

Still looking. Steelex/Grizzly has a 3/4-16 LH thread fitting that I can bolt stuff onto. It may be my best choice.

Doug
Out of curiosity, if you need a LH thread to fit the spindle, you do know that a RH attachment will unwind unless you lock it somehow?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Best Wood Tools makes great stuff, from what what I hear. I ordered a pin chuck a month ago and have yet to receive it. Call first to find out availability and/or get an estimate on when it'll ship.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Doug

I do not understand I gave you a post for one?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It looks like the 3/4-16 thread in the one you found was a right-hand thread.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.