Maple bowl
Still putting finish on this but here it is.

This one marks a step for me. Up until this bowl every pattern I've burned has been a zentangle pattern I learned from watching videos. This main pattern on this bowl I adapted from a picture of a basket weave I downloaded. It took me a while to break down the elements but once I did the drawing went pretty well. Still learning on my pyrography technique but that's ok, it's still fun.
Steve K

Very nice well done.
I think Ill try some burning.
Wow! Very impressive.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Needs a 'Like' button!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
yep very impressive . you really are nailing the shading. very cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Looks great!

You need to gave your signature /date on there too
Steve

You are getting VERY good with the burner and it looks real with the basket weave pattern.

I would really like to know a good burning system that gets hot and has a lot of different kinds of tips but does not cost my life savings.

What would you suggest?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin;

Thank you Arlin and thanks to all who have replied!

I only have experience with the unit I bought (Nibsburner) and so can't really compare it others. I do know since I've been doing this my favorite pens are from Optoma and based on that I would have to consider what their machines are like as well. Also, there are several other brands that have good reputations, Razertip, Colwood, burn master, just to name a few. Most all of the makers have units starting in the one hundred dollar price range and will include everything to get started in that price. One thing you will find, pyrography is much like turning in that one pen won't do all the different things you'll want to do. A person will easily spend more on different pens than the machine itself costs.
Steve K

Well done indeed. Are you familiar with Lincoln Seitzmans's work? He is a master at the basket weave effect but he uses ink. Might be good inspiration.
Angus said:

Well done indeed. Are you familiar with Lincoln Seitzmans's work? He is a master at the basket weave effect but he uses ink. Might be good inspiration.

Thank you, having seen the works you create your comment is especially gratifying. I was not familiar with him but have done a search and am checking it out.
Steve K