Garage Door Opener malfuction
Pulled into the drive and hit the remote in my truck and the door goes up. Pull into garage and hit remote to close the door, it goes part way down and then back up. Remote, wired button at kitchen door and keypad does nothing. I have power to unit, and can hear a relay clicking, but nothing happens. Manual trouble shooting is worthless. Craftsman 1/2 hp Model #139.53975SRT1. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jim
The eyes are misaligned that go across the door opening.
Safety sensor-I just had the same problem.
the LED was on as normal, replaced sensors and all is well again.
Oh and I put ours on the ceiling taped together so I don't have to mess with it. However when you go to sell make sure you put them back to functional again.
Sometimes I trace my opener problems back to a stuck button on the remote.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
That's it! Didn't think they had moved, but moved enough to loose contact. Check everything out and all is now well, and thanks for the replies.

Jim