Bosch 300 series dishwasher
Does anyone have anything god or bad to say about Bosch dishwashers? Going to look at this one at Lowes http://www.lowes.com/pd_498131-39047-SHE...Id=4774807
I was looking at those last month as the Kenmore I like is no longer made. I read more negative comments than good, so I went to Sears to talk to the one guy in appliances that has been there for years to get his opinion. He told me they get high ratings because of low energy use and noise level but other than that not a good machine. I am looking at this Kitchen aid KDFE104DSS and this kenmore Model # 13693. Leaning heavily to the kitchen aid HD has it for $1 less and lowes will price match and 10% more. Buying discounted Gift Cards and using Fatwallet should take it down another 15%
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

They have nice features but all appliances are the same these days. None are meant to last more than a couple years before needing repairs and anything lasting 10 years anymore without major repairs is doing really good. Disposable like everything else.
I put one in for my mom.
Upside all stainless, so quiet you don't know it's running except for the light on the floor.
Downside- it does not clean dishes as good as my el cheap or Whirlpool.
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
We have a Bosch DW. It lost its mind once. It was an easy fix, but a bit expensive. Seems like it was $100+ for new board. We've had it about 10 years.
That looks like the Kitchen Aide I bought about 18 months ago. It replaced a 20 year old Kitchen Aide which never gave us one bit of trouble. The new one has been equally trouble free so far, other than it has a nasty water hammer that I still have not completely resolved despite installing two arrestors. Beyond that annoyance it is noticeably quieter than the old one, though perhaps not quite to the same level as the Bosch. Like all new dishwashers it takes FOREVER to finish a cycle, like close to 3 hours. Plan ahead if you are having a party.

John
I won(in a contest) a Bosch dishwasher.(SHU66C are the first digits). Supposed to cost $1500 back in 2003.

Still have it, not an ounce of trouble.(Other than the door springs broke, but not a big deal for me).

It is so quiet, when I installed it and turned it on for the first trial, I opened the door because I heard nothing. BIG mistake, it was running just fine.
Well....i went down to look but ended up buying this Maytag http://www.lowes.com/pd_595159-46-MDB896...Ntt=dishwashers
for $494. Looks extremely similar to the interior of the KitchenAid. Sales man said it is the only one still made with the food grinder in it.
Seemed better built than the Bosch.
So did I make a mistake? Anyone have the Maytag
I looked at Bosch but purchased a Miele dishwasher. Miele has the best performing, best made dishwashers on the market today. They are made to last 20+ years. The standard quick wash cycle does a great job. This cycle is only 40 minutes and the dishes are clean and dry. My Miele came with a 5 year warranty with factory Miele installation. When factored into the price that alone beat Bosch.

If you do decide to purchase a Bosch, be sure you have an outlet for the appliance to plug into as they require a grounded outlet and can not be hard wired. Many brands and models seem to be this way today even some Miele models.

Another thing to think about is the cabinet opening width versus the appliance width. I made some matching banding to apply to the cabinet styles to fill the gap for the slightly narrower appliance. Be sure to verify your choice to see if a mod is needed.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I saw that one too but I asked my appliance guy and he said it wasn't great. Kenmore has a self cleaning filter in the higher end unit
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.