Little walnut box
I have a bunch of walnut cut-offs, as well as some other small pieces, so I decided to make some little boxes. I've gotten pretty fast at them now, and they're a hit with the kids. :-)

I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Looks really nice and tastefully done too. Great work on how small it is too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
What tool do you use to hollow the inside of the box?
thats pretty cool...I have about 30, 3' pieces of 2x2 walnut cutoffs that I have been wanting to use for something
For The Love Of Wood
Love that shape!
Thanks, everyone. I have tried several things for hollowing, but the fastest seems to be a round nosed scraper followed by a few passes with the round finishing cutter from my Sorby Hollowmaster. I mount the cutter on a different tool. I HATE the Hollowmaster.
that is a nice little box.
I also made a different tool holder for my Sorby. now I use it allot. both tips too
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Dara said:

thats pretty cool...I have about 30, 3' pieces of 2x2 walnut cutoffs that I have been wanting to use for something

Try making some acorn boxes
acorn box
acorn box inside
Don's woodshop
I like that acorn box! I'll have to try something like that for Christmas gifts.
yep that one held a ring for my wife
Don's woodshop