A 2 plank table
I posted on someone's thread a couple of weeks back about flattening wide boards with a router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9TxJAH6-ls

Anyway, this is how it's turned out.

A bit of sander work and some wooden plugs glued into knot holes and then it's time to break out the epoxy. Excuse the dribbles, they sand out later.

Embedded some coins in the bigger areas of resin. 2015 Cook Island coins that dates the build. And started on the polyurethane.

First coat of varnish.

Board number 2 was a big chunky 2x8 that got sliced up to build the base.

Test fit.

Minor mistake. The top tapers and I lost a bit of width when I planed it down. Means the top support is about 2" wider than the actual top at one end.
Not fatal as I will just band saw off end of the top part of each end stand and refinish it.

Anyway, this gets around all the potential problems of gluing up a table top. Just use a bigger piece of wood
Ianab

what is the tool you were using to flatten it part of your sawmill and a ??
did not sound like any router I have heard
turned out very nice
what kind of wood ?
It's a big Makita variable speed router mounted on the sawmill frame carriage.Speed is turned down because of the size of the bit it's spinning which is probably why it sounds different? Plus it's in a plywood box that seems to resonate.

Wood is Monterey cypress, Cupressus macrocarpa. They were planted years ago as shelter on local farms, and some of them have grown HUGE over the years.
Very nicely done!!!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop