Skilsaw Just Quit - Now What???
My worm-drive skilsaw (hd77) just stopped working. I set it down to move my guide, picked it up and it was dead. No blown fuse, extension cord is fine and the blade turns by hand. Where do I go from here?
I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
bad switch?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

how old?

check the brushes, the switch, and be sure you did not just cut the cord when you set the saw down.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Make sure there's power to the outlet.
Check the cord for cuts, etc.
If all is well, it's probably a bad switch, as previously mentioned.
You might also check the power cord where it enters the saw and inside to make sure the conductors are connected.
Thanks for the replies.

No idea how old, as I bought it at an estate sale. The outlet, fuses and extension cord are fine. I did not cut the cord on the saw either. Took the handle apart and the wires are connected to the relay in the handle. Need to get a multi-meter on it to see if there is continuity.
I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.