DC on a 66
Has anyone successfully moved dust from a PM66? My new-to-me '82 is a terrific saw, but the dust just piles up. I'm pulling with the same Oneida cyclone, and the same hose, that kept my Unisaw almost entirely clean.

Any mods to try?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
mimic the DC chutes in the uni

I suppose there is some good reasons for 100% DC..... just remember you are working with 40+ yr old technology; this was not a high priority to the manufacturers then...

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

mimic the DC chutes in the uni

I suppose there is some good reasons for 100% DC..... just remember you are working with 40+ yr old technology; this was not a high priority to the manufacturers then...

Joe

Thanks.

I know... but I have fairly severe respiratory issues, and it's worth my time to address. I'll see what I can cook up.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I got one of the last 66's and it seems to clear dust ok. There was an article in FWW about modifying saws to get rid of dust. I've thought about trying some of their ideas, but since it works ok without it, I'm not particularly motivated
JGrout said:

this was not a high priority to the manufacturers then...

Joe

or now, either, IMHO. What size hose are you running to the cabinet? If it's 4". maybe upsizing to 6" will give you the air movement you need.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
When I had my 66 I used the 4" hose in the base of the unit, and another 4" hose on my Excalibur overhead guard/dust collection.

Not mine, but pretty much the same. With both running I cleaned up most of the dust. My suggestion is adding an air cleaner to the TS area if you still feel there are too many fines, especially in light of a respiratory situation.

You can get the same performance from a Shark Guard, and with some Hillbilly enjuneeering you can rig the hoses to come from above fairly easily.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have a shark guard on my 66.
With dust collection from the top as well as the bottom it does get a lot better
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
I have a SharkGuard too. If you are not collecting dust from above you should start there.

Doug