Bandsaw 14" harbor freight
I am interested in a bandsaw and wondering if anyone has experience with the Harbor Freight 14" model. One thing I was wondering is if it has roller bearing guides for the blade? If I lived closer to HF I would go and see for myself but I am about 100 miles from the nearest one. Thanks
>>>> wondering is if it has roller bearing guides for the blade?

Give them a call and ask them.
Howie.........
Just curious, what makes you want that saw? I mean as opposed to a used saw?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
It won't be very long before wishing you bought something else. I had a twin to one years ago. Gave it away for free.
Check around for a good used Delta, Powermatic, Jet, or Grizzly.

Where are you located. Maybe we can help you search for one.
You can see in the picture that it does NOT have roller guides but is a clone of the Delta. Having seen the fit and finish in person I would't be happy with the saw and would look for a used Delta clone if possible. Louis Ittura has an upgrade roller set for the Delta clone.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I have one. It's not great, but better than no saw. I did put a link belt on it, and it runs smoother now. Had to replace the tentioner bolt, and just used threaded rod. Not fancy, but gets the job done.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
I won one in a card game several years ago. It came to me with a lot of add on accessories. Carter blade release, Carter small blade guide, Carter roller guide. plus I also use "cool block" guides, as do many Delta/delta clone users. I have replaced a few of the adjustment screws with some with better keys to make them easier to use. I added a riser block (HF part ordered from cust service 96 bux). All in all I have had several Delta BS's, and a few Jet over the years and they can't do anything more than I can do.

Granted mine has a lot of add ons, but none of them actually make the difference other than the very cheap cool blocks, and the better grade set screws. Unless I am do tight turns with a 1/8" or smaller blade I use the Carter small blade guide, but on the last 4 Delta, or Jets I owned I did the same. The larger blade guide I wouldn't have unless it had come with the saw.

Truth be told the blade you are using is a lot more important than the saw itself.

I also have an 18" Rikon that I now use for the bigger work, but using a 1/2" 3TPI blade I have resawed 11 1/2" stock on the HF without difficulty, just need to saw slower than I do with the Rikon
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Many moons ago---like 8 years), about 100 or more members of WoodNet bought HF bandsaws when HF had a sale---as I recall the BS's were about $130.

We found Delta parts(riser block/etc.) replacement parts fit those HF saws. We also found the motors were pretty crappy.

So, you can buy a crappy copy of a Delta saw and face replacing parts at Delta prices, or, buy a used Delta/Powermatic/etc saw and add the accessories you wish to have. And have a much more reliable machine.
Are you talking about this one?

http://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-4-spe...60564.html

I wonder what the HP is?

I got this one from Harborfreight and it was the best little one ever along with how the dust collection worked so well. I gave it away for a good cause and I really need a BS that cuts from 6" to 12" so I can use it for making bandsaw boxes.

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-hp-9-in-...60500.html

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
What are you looking to do with it? Is it for every now and then to make a cut? If that's the case then it will probably do.

If your looking to do resawing or need to use it everyday then wait until you can afford a better saw.
Don