Bandsaw 14" harbor freight
Don

No just want to do bandsaw boxes and the big Grizzly 5hp motor one I have is just to big and I want to use smaller bandsaw blades to.

Then the other disabled vets I teach will enable us to use a small BS to and the blades are a lot cheaper too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If you are really wanting a good band saw, as other have suggested, the HF model will only get you part way there.

Put together an envelope of cash. What you are going to need is dependent on your location, but in my area it would be about 3 to 4 hundred dollars.

Delta 14 inch band saws are available all over the country. Get the cash ready, then start the search. Local Craigslist, etc. There is a saw out there that will be yours.

There was for me. It is now in my shop!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
MarkSingleton said:

If you are really wanting a good band saw, as other have suggested, the HF model will only get you part way there.

Put together an envelope of cash. What you are going to need is dependent on your location, but in my area it would be about 3 to 4 hundred dollars.

Delta 14 inch band saws are available all over the country. Get the cash ready, then start the search. Local Craigslist, etc. There is a saw out there that will be yours.

There was for me. It is now in my shop!!

Good advice.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Good saw.

I bought mine about 25 years ago for commercial use, cutting polycarbonate sheet into small 4X5" windows. used it for almost a year in that environment, then brought it home when the contract ran out.

Not long after, I put a 3 horse motor and 6" riser on it, and started re-sawing quarter by twelve inch wide panels with it. It has been a great machine, and would buy another tomorrow if need be.

It, as with many including the original Delta, are under powered for all around shop use, but easily rectified. The success with any of these saws is how it's set up. They are quite capable.

Mike

Just a side note. I used a Grizzly riser block on my saw. It fit perfect with no modifications.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
Thanks to all, it sounds like the HF will be more than adequate for my uses. I appreceate everyone's comments. With a 20% off coupon it looks like it will come in around $300.
I guess 2 out of 10 gave you the answer you wanted to confirm what you were going to do already.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
hmmm Richard seems to be a glass half full type person.

I saw more positive responses than negative.

and most of the rest were non committal or at least helpful in that they made suggestions toward improvement
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

It seemed to me that the only two who said they like the saw had at least $300 in upgrades.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
comfun1 said:

Thanks to all, it sounds like the HF will be more than adequate for my uses. I appreceate everyone's comments. With a 20% off coupon it looks like it will come in around $300.

Good luck with that. We tried to warn you.