Best Wood Tools Shipping
I ordered a pin chuck from Best Wood Tools on November 3rd. They debited my credit card the same day, minus shipping. After several weeks, I sent them an email on the 19th, asking them the status of the order. I figured it was on backorder. They replied on the following day (a Friday), letting me know the order would ship the following Monday (23rd), and that I would be getting an email with the shipping information when it shipped. I can understand the Christmas rush, but today is nearly a week later, and no shipping information. It this typical of folks' experience with Best Wood Tools? It's not customary for most businesses to charge a customer until an item is shipped. I'm really not too keen on giving them a loan without anything in return. Just wondering. This is the first time I've ever ordered from them.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
My brother ordered a spindle adapter from them and had much the same experience. He did receive what he ordered but it took much longer than a person would expect.
Steve K

Best Wood Tools is a husband & wife small business. I have always been happy with their products that I have purchased from them. They are also great to chat with at symposiums if you are at their table when they are not swamped.

In the past, delays in shipping have been due to backlogs or to one of them having health issues. In person, they have always been very up front with me about their backlog but have occasionally been a bit over-optimistic about how long it will take to get to me in the queue. My experience has felt consistent with maintenance delays on a mill or a lathe when something didn't meet his QC standards. They insist on it being right before it leaves their shop.

For me, I look forward to doing business with them again in the future.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
A year + ago, it took around 3 weeks for the delivery of a Texas Spur Drive Center. Quality product, worth the wait.
iclark said:

Best Wood Tools is a husband & wife small business...
...For me, I look forward to doing business with them again in the future.

All of this ^^^. These are folks you can get on the phone and ask about your order. Quality machining.

Doug
He says "I forgot". Hopefully it'll ship this week.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The package arrived today. Everything looks like high quality workmanship. Never did get an confirmation of shipping or the tracking number until today, after querying about the order status yet one more time. So, from order to receipt was 32 days. Yes, Best Wood Tools does make high quality stuff, but I sure wish they'd be more up front with their order statuses instead of making promises and not following up on those promises.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It doesn't matter if it's a mom and pop business or a multi-million dollar business, chasing your order for 30+ days is unacceptable.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I agree. If they can't keep up with demand, they should be VERY clear about that up front. Otherwise, regardless of the quality, it's bad business.

I made a significant purchase from Monster Tools a number of years ago. He took a LONG time to fulfill the order. The difference was, he communicated with me and told me exactly how long it would be. He did this to make sure I understood and was ok with the wait BEFORE he would accept my order.

I hope you enjoy the tool. But thanks for the heads up. I won't spend my money with non-responsive companies. There are too many options out there to have someone just take my money and disappear for a month.

Ok, I'm off my soap box.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Maybe they are not very computer savvy or how to put in the tracking number but I am thinking they should learn.

Maybe someone can show or tell them how.
Where are they located at?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.