Lie Nielsen Inlay String Kit / What size?
For those of you that have one of the Lie Nielsen Inlay String Kits when doing stringing what size cutter blades are you using and or what is the most recommended size? .030 / .041 / .055 / .062 . I have not done any stringing as of yet but am looking at getting a stinging kit from Lie Nielsen. I did not want to order anything until I understand what I need.

Thanks Richard
I do not have their set, but have done a lot of stringing on my furniture over the years. I have settled into 1/32" (0.032) as my standard string width. It seems to work best over a wide range of projects.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
You might want to post this one floor down.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
handi said:

I do not have their set, but have done a lot of stringing on my furniture over the years. I have settled into 1/32" (0.032) as my standard string width. It seems to work best over a wide range of projects.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, in review it seems to be the most popular size for most pieces from what I can tell. I am getting the DVD as well so I hope it helps with the learning curve as well.

Richard
I have done the same with a Bosch Colt and a router guide for stringing (lid top) and also with a bushing for a bowtie Dutchman (lid bottom).

I used my drum sander to size the stringing, which I cut myself on the bandsaw a little wider than the depth. I handplaned and sanded it smooth with the top. Mine was just a smaller rectangle on the top of a blanket chest.
WoodTinker