Mobile base HTC-2000
Anybody have one of these? I'm concerned about the orange plastic levers breaking. I've had a Porta-Mate 1000 version for years that I'm actually exceeding the weight limit on that has been fine but it has aluminum levers.

So are these things pretty robust? I've read some of the review on Amazon but most of them are just using it on lightweight stuff (200-300 lbs). I'll be coming in right at the weight limit and I guess I'm just old school but I don't trust the plastic.

Any thoughts?

Marc
-Marc

plastic seems to hold up fine.
not a lot of weight though a Delta 14" bandsaw
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I had one under a 17" drill press and one under a 14" band saw. I had one of the plastic levers break on me. HTC sent me a new one. I hated the bases. I ended up selling them and I made my own.
I broke one holding my PM 14" bandsaw. I'm not thrilled with them, wouldn't buy another.
I think I'm not going to find out for myself. I didn't realize Porta-Mate made bigger bases so I'm going go try one of them since I've had decent luck with their stuff. I'm sure I'm overthinking it as I rarely move my stuff. I just want the mobile base so it's easy to move when/if I need to.
-Marc

I've had one on my 17" band saw for 2 years. I don't move it much but it's holding up fine.

I bought the woodcraft version for my Uni. I prefer it.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Mine broke. Not replaceable, either. It wasn't the orange thing that broke, it was the axle housing.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill