ROS - Air or Electric
I have a pair of electric ROS's and an opportunity to pick up and air operated 6" one.

I'm wondering the pro's and con's of the air over the electric.
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
How big is your compressor?

Air tools are air hogs. Generally not used except in large industrial situations. I have one. I never use it.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Electric more convenient.
Want the sander in the house? You move/take your compressor, or buy 500' of hose.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

check the sanders CFM requirement and add 10% or a bit more. If your compressor will handle it and it's a shop gadget then fine. As pointed out if you want to use it in the drive or house there is hose which is expensive and heavy. You need the largest caliber hose you can get and use.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Electric is far more efficient. You'll be running a 3 hp compressor to do what a 1/6th hp electric will do.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Electrics are much more convenient and efficient. Pneumatics do a much better job and do it a lot faster. 14 CFM is about the minimum and you need 220v compressor to get that from what I've seen. Our shop has a big enough compressor thankfully.
Everything you guys have written is correct. But I think you've left out a very important point. Air sanders are generally a much lower profile than the run-of-the-mill ROS. That translates into an experience that's easier on your hands, which means you can work longer if need be. Also, air-driven sanders, in my opinion, do a much better job sanding. I used a Dynabrade for years (along with an 80 gallon compressor) then switch to a Mirka CEROS to keep the tool profile consistent and still meet my sanding expectations. CEROS is an electric tool with the best of both worlds.
3M sells a 5" pneumatic ROS in about the same shape as the old metal dynabrade. It's much lighter too.
I use air only and I've sold my electric. Its lighter and doesn't make my hand go numb from vibration.
As already mentioned, you will need a large compressor to keep up with a pneumatic ROS demands. I have a small Grex ROS and it takes a 60 gal compressor to keep up with it. I only have a 15 gal compressor that stores air at 200 psi, and it'll bleed the tank dry in less than 5 minutes of continuous use. You'll definitely want to check the CFM rating of whatever you get. You'll also want to make sure you have enough air hose to bring the sander to your work. One other important thing I've noticed is some pneumatic ROS have no option for dust collection. Consider that in your choice.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill