Sears Dewalt radial arm saw 10 inch
For sale here where I live ( $75.00 ) in very good working condition. Anyone here thinks it's worth it. I did research on the WWW could not find anything on it.
I did not know Sears re-badged any DeWalt radial arm saws. Can you get a model number or a picture? $75 for a DeWalt in good condition could easily be worth it.
http://images.craigslist.org/00m0m_9nZrL...00x450.jpg
click here to see saw, I do not know model number
OWWM Link

Looks very much like that one. Mid 60's build.
Deluxe Power Shop R1450
That particular saw isn't generally considered on of the "good" Dewalts. The better ones have a solid cast iron arm, the arm on that arm resembles a ladder box if you remove the cover on top. The solid cast iron arms saws are generally made from the early 60's and older, and they show up regularly for $100 give/take. Many of them will have a 3/4 HP motor, they do a nice job but you often have to saw with care to avoid stalling it out, the ones with an 11 amp + motor have enough power to avoid that. I'm not saying the saw you spotted won't work (BTW, the only Sears/Dewalts I've seen were the older cast iron arm models, and that one is not a Sears saw), but it doesn't have the simpler, more solid miter latch, column crank, etc. Those saws can be as accurate (and stay that way) as anything in the shop once tuned.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The RAS in the picture is a DeWalt/Black & Decker. It's not a Sears or Craftsman saw.

That said, it was a pretty good saw in its day. It was the first RAS bought back in the 1970's or so.
Howie.........
Howard Acheson said:

The RAS in the picture is a DeWalt/Black & Decker. It's not a Sears or Craftsman saw.

That said, it was a pretty good saw in its day. It was the first RAS bought back in the 1970's or so.

Kinda... For a couple of years Sears sold those. That is where we bought ours. They did not carry the 7790, but the lower end 7740,7770. We bought the 7740 in I think, '72. My dad had it till his death, then I took it till just 4 years ago when I bought a 7790. Now my BIL has it.

It was a capable machine, but as noted, underpowered. Cuts needed to be made with that in mind.
Thanks to all of you for the input and info, the ad on craigslist lists the saw as a Sears DeWalt. I'm going to see the it tomorrow I think I will offer him 50 dollars for it if I like it.
That is a late model when Black and Decker owned Dewalt. They cut cost by not having a large cast arm and added some gimmicks that sacrificed accuracy. I wouldn't want the annoyance for $50.

Get a miter saw instead or hold out for an older Dewalt.

Anything lasting that long on Craigslist isn't much of a deal.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe