6-Board Chest Sketchup model
Hi,

A couple years ago the Chris Schwarz posted a blog article on his 6-board chest which inlcuded a link to a sketchup model. This link is now dead.

Does anyone have this sketchup model they would be able to email to me? PM if you can help me out. Thanks.

6-Board Chest

Has anyone watched his Six Board Chest Lie-Nielsen DVD? It's a fairly simple project so i'm not sure $40 is worth it.
The 3D Warehouse has been updated, so older links generate that error message. All of the models still exist and can be found from the 3D Warehouse home page 3D Warehouse. If you search for "collections" you can find them all, or you can search by project or issue date.

Here is the model you are looking for 6 Board Chest
Excellent, thank you!
Be careful if this chest is being used around little kids. Notice the sides of the top form a shear close to the hinge line that can hurt kid's fingers/hands if the top falls with any speed.
Cheers ...

Lyn Disbrow: Born in America ... a long long time ago

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. It is to be used as a toy box so I will have to consider a design change to the lid.
Rockler offers a hinge for this application. It holds the lid at the position it was left in so it won't clobber a youngster. You need to buy the proper hinge for the weight of the lid on your chest. Not very traditional looking, but better than injuring a little one. Comes in several finishes as well.