Dust Collection and Routers...
I have a Bosch 1617EVS plunge router that I like, except for the poor dust collection (the little plastic thing they sell for dust collection doesn't work well at all…at least for me). I'm wondering if the Festool comparable size plunge router is much better…as they would have us believe
Thanks!
I do almost all of my routing on the router table. All hand routing is done outside on a workmate. Don't know about the Festool router.
The Dewalt 618 has great dust collection. I use my Festool Midi for collection. Also works with my PC circ saw, Freud plate joiner. The Festool routers are great, but co$tly.
I have the same Bosch you do.

Bosch makes two dust collection attachments. One goes under the base plate for edge work, the other on top of the base plate (so the hose exits almost vertically upwards from the workpiece).

I have found the attachment under the router does not work well, but the above the base plate attachment does work well when plunging, routing grooves, and some edge work. It doesn't get everything, but the difference is more than significant when I do not use it.

Point is, I am not sure which you have - if it's only the bottom mounted attachment then try the top mounted one before buying an entirely new router. Amazon sells them
here.

Part # RA1173AT

Hope it helps....Mike